Why expecting parents should save cord blood.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for families.
A growing number of families choose to bank their babies' umbilical cord blood as a potential cure for dozens of cancers, blood disorders, immune and genetic diseases. Stem cell research is yielding new disease treatments all the time.
The stem cells within cord blood are genetically unique to each child and make them a perfect match for your child should the cells ever be needed for transplant. In some cases, they may be used for siblings. Today, doctors are turning increasingly to cord blood stem cells as a life-saving alternative to bone marrow transplants.
In the near future, research may prove that stem cells are effective in the treatment of an even more diverse group of illnesses and injuries, including spinal cord injuries, stroke, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, heart disease, diabetes and HIV.
Why Recommend Us to Expectant Parents?
One of the most important factors to consider in any cord blood bank program is its transplant success rate.
StemCyte--has more experience than any other private cord blood bank for providing transplant quality stem cells. StemCyte cord blood units have contributed to over 1400 transplants by over 250 medical centers around the world. StemCyte, Inc. has banked cord blood units from over 25,000 babies.
More reasons to recommend us:
- THE NAME: StemCyte is truly the GOLD standard in global therapeutic stem cell storage and research
- COLLECTION: StemCyte has one of the only shipping boxes in the industry that has been tested to assure that the temperature of the cord blood is controlled during shipping.
- OPTIONS: We offer expectant families the option of public donation* or private family banking
- EXPERIENCE: Over 1400 collections released for transplant, more than any other private CBB in the world.
- PROCESSING: We have a proprietary processing method using plasma depletion for a 99.9% recovery rate
- RESEARCH: We are active in research efforts to treat more diseases including Thalassemia and Spinal Cord Injury
- ACCREDITATIONS: Both public and family banks are AABB and FACT accreditated, – the only family bank with FACT accreditation
- DIVERSITY: StemCyte has a worldwide presence with labs in the United States, Taiwan and India