Many hospitals are joining our global mission to store publicly donated cord blood units for transplants
StemCyte is collecting public cord blood donations with the support of three U.S. government and National Marrow Donor Program grants. We are now accepting umbilical cord blood collections at the following hospitals:1. Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns, San Diego, California
2. Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, California
3. White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
4. Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Berkeley, California
5. St John/Providence, Detroit, Michigan
6. And the list is growing...
There is an urgent need for minority and mixed-ethnic donors
It's especially important for minority couples to consider donating their newborn's stem cells if they choose not to save it for themselves. Cord blood units from African Americans, Asians, Hispanics and Native Americans are in critical short supply. It is also important for couples of mixed ethnicity to participate. Minority children and adults are dying because a bone marrow match or a cord blood unit are not readily available. Give life twice when you donate your baby's cord blood.